The glory of justice and the majesty of law are created not just by the Constitution - nor by the courts - nor by the officers of the law - nor by the lawyers - but by the men and women who constitute our society - who are the protectors of the law as they are themselves protected by the law.
The legal and medico/legal domain is an area where interpreters provide a crucial service, because courts and tribunals require professional, independent and confidential interpreting services in dealing with non-English speaking applicants, witnesses, defendants and respondents. As well as interpreting at trials and hearings, interpreters also provide language services in other court related services and processes such as case conferences, counselling sessions and mediation conferences.
1. accurate, objective and impartial interpreting services
2. pre-existing relationship between the non-English speaking clients and the professionals.
3. equivalence given the field’s strict rules of evidence and procedure
4. maintain professional distance from their clients
5. avoid having conversations with other parties during the assignment.
6. inform parties of any potential conflicts of interest or inability to maintain confidentiality
1. traffic offense 违反交通规则
2. ticket evasion 逃票
3. car theft 盗车
4. property problems 财产问题
5. breaching of an intervention order 违反禁制令
6. retrenchment 裁员问题